![]() |
| From Sewing 2010 |
My anxiously awaited material arrived at the end of February. I ordered it from Fabric.com and it was quite easy to order but the weeks wait while it was mailed form Georgia was hard on me as I really wanted to start making some clothes. When the material arrived I washed it all carefully and then spent the next couple of nights ironing it all out. Finally I was able to start cutting out my fabric. It was actually a bit hard for me to cut the fabric, I just like it so much and I didn't want to ruin it. Once I got it cut I took scrapes with me to JoAnn's so that I could pick out thread, zippers, buttons, etc. I also realized that I was going to need a special concealed zipper foot for my machine so I got online and ordered it. I started working my 2 Barcelona Skirts first and hoped my new sewing foot arrived before we left on our trip to Mesquite.
![]() |
| From Sewing 2010 |
The above is a picture of the layered Barcelona skirt & then I am also making the A-line out of the red and cream material. Both skirts are lined with the muslin. (The denim is for some jeans I plan to make.)
I got as much as I could done but my new sewing foot did not arrive before our trip so I had to take a break. When we got back the foot had arrived and I excited opened the package to find I had been sent the wrong foot, ugh. By this point I was anxious to make some more progress so I bought the foot locally and spent $19.00 on it instead of the $6 I found it for online, but I was able to start sewing that evening. I put my first ever zipper in and it came out beautifully.
![]() |
| From Sewing 2010 |
![]() |
| From Sewing 2010 |
All that is left now is to hem the a-line skirt and my first one will be done. I am loving my new machine. It just purrs and is so easy to work with making my stolen sewing hours so much more fun as I can actaully feel that I accomplish something every time I work, instead of fighting my machine. This girl is very happy. And as soon as my skirt is finished I'll post a picture of me wearing it.





No comments:
Post a Comment