Friday, March 26, 2010

Done!

From Sewing 2010

I am now the proud owner of 2 new skirts made entirely by me. I finished my hems tonight and I am quite proud of them. I am definitely going to have to come up with a better way to hem and fit things (considering making a duct tape dress form) as it's hard to make alterations while wearing the item.
From Sewing 2010

From Sewing 2010

From Sewing 2010

Also hard to take a picture of the finished product, full length mirror is now on my needs lists. As you can probably tell I am standing on our ottomans using the mirror above our fireplace to take a picture. Those came out better then the ones from on top of the toilet. :)
The dotted one needs to be washed a few times so the layers will fray properly. And I am now in need of a new shirt to wear with my skirts. I am very proud of them and I really enjoyed the time I spent working on them.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Good job! Those are really cute! I have made Alanna some dresses from free patterns I found on line. It's so much fun making clothes for her...I am a little scared to make something for myself. I have a fear that a skirt made by me might fall apart at the seams during church - or something awful like that! Maybe I'll get the courage to try it sometime :)