So this evening was one of those times that I absolutely adore having a 3 year old and hearing the questions he asks. His question tonight made me laugh so hard I cried and almost peed my pants. (Although the later isn't to hard to accomplish this far along in my pregnancy.)
So this evening Darren got a hankering for burgers and fries, and decided he wanted to grill. So we made a quick trip to the store to get supplies. As we were leaving there were to girls getting into the car just in front and to the right of our car. It is vital to know that both were wearing summer dresses one a halter dress and the other a strapless summer dress. They got into their car and Devon happened to notice them at that point and asked "Daddy why is she naked?" Apparently from his position the girl in the strapless dress sitting behind a steering wheel appeared to have no clothes on whatsoever. Darren tried to explain that she had on a dress and he just couldn't see it but Devon wasn't buying that. At this point I was laughing so hard I was afraid I might put myself into labor. I think I will forever laugh to think or Devon asking "Daddy why is she naked?" Very funny. At least to this mom.
*Additional cute comment for the night. While watching "The Tales of Despereaux" they asked at one point "what is longing?" and Devon promptly replied "Longing is when your lost and you can't find your mommy." So sweet.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
At least she wasn't within earshot. :)
The story at the bottom is SO sweet. What a cutie!
Post a Comment