Saturday, April 17, 2010

Latest Projects...

I have been throughly enjoying my stolen sewing time lately. Here are my two latest projects.

Project 1
From Sewing 2010

First is the Buttercup Bag. This is something I've wanted to try and I had some leftover material so I gave it a go as a birthday present for a friend. It was very very easy to make - took me about 5 hours or so. The only thing I don't love about it is the size. It really is more of an evening out type purse where you only meed a wallet and some lip gloss & I was hoping for a day-to-day usable purse. Perhaps I carry to much in my purse but my friend also thought it was a bit small so I'm thinking about enlarging the pattern a bit. That is going to require a bit more time and definitely needs to be done when I am feeling good and awake but I think it should be a fun endeavor.

Project 2
From Sewing 2010

These are my very first pair of pants! The pattern is Jalie 2909 a women's classic trouser and I used a stretch corduroy. I love corduroy pants and my last pair final bit the dust a while ago, so I was very excited to give this a go. The pattern was very easy to follow and I had them nearly done in 2 nights (one night cutting out pieces 1 night sewing). I had a few hiccups here and there where I read things wrong and had to un-pick and redo a couple of things but that was all end user error not pattern error. The directions for sewing the zipper into the fly were amazing I think I had it done in about 40 minutes. They are bit tight in the crotch area so i am going to have to look into adjusting that before I make my next pair but I will definitely be making another pair. (Oh side note - one thing I love about these patterns is they come with all sizes from 2T to women's 22 so I will be able to use it in the coming years to make [pants for myself and for Abi).

So those are my latest sewing adventures. I really am having a grand time and looking forward to make a lot more things.

No comments: