Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Devon!

From #4 birthday


We had a great day today celebrating Devon's birthday. He loved everything he got. But he was especially excited about his new 16 inch bike. He was up at 7:30 (well technically 6:30 since I forgot to turn the clocks back last night) and we made sure we went out with him to get his reaction about the bike. He say it and ran into the room saying "Yes it's just the one I wanted" and then he wanted to go out to ride it immediately. We convinced him it was a little to early and got him to watch a cartoon - but then he started riding the bike around the house so mommy decided she'd better get started on breakfast. Devon wanted instant oatmeal for breakfast and then we got him dressed and let him open his other presents. Also from Mom & Dad a new helmet with monkeys on it, and a very loud horn for his bike. Once he had opened all his presents (with lots of "I love it!" & "It's just what I wanted!") and add his horn to his bike, he got to go out to ride his new bike. As you can tell from the picture it was still early enough that the fog hadn't burned off yet (I think it was about 8:30 or 9 when we headed out).

He had so much funny with all his new presents (and Abi loved the wrapping) and was a wonderful boy all day long. Such a sweet boy so glad he belongs to us.

No comments: